The third edition of Aseptic Surgery Forum (ASF), dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of surgical site infections (SSIs), will be held on the 28 & 29 March, 2014, at the Espace Champerret in Paris.
Organised at the instigation of Dr Patrick Mamoudy, Groupe Hospitalier Diaconesses Croix Saint Simon (DCSS), Paris, this multidisciplinary, international congress aims to bring together all the professionals in the health sector engaged in the daily fight against SSIs.
The ASF2014 conference programme features European and international practitioners and experts in different medical and technological specialties, and will strongly focus on a « review of practices ». Expected call for paper themes :
- Who is responsible for the risk of infection: the patient, the surgeon, the anesthetist?
- Post-surgical joint infections: prevention and treatments, review of European and international practices
- When should a patient leave the clinic for a joint infection reference centre (CRIOA)? Review of good medical and surgical practices in France and Europe
- Joint infection reference centres: situation and prospects, the development of a European network
- Sequelae: handicaps linked to infection, how to asses sequelae
- The cost of infections: who pays for prevention? (Pharmaceutical companies, pharmacists, etc.)
- Hand hygiene: the use of hydroalcoholic solutions, review of European and international practices (EU & Int) / Side effects of hand washing for health workers
- Skin preparation: what is the impact on « prevention » ? Review of EU & Int practices
- Sterilisation: review and comparison « practices /quality /costs /responsibilities » in EU and abroad ; Innovation in instrument traceability
- Outpatient surgery: what are the challenges and prospects?
This wealth of themes will give participants the opportunity, over a two-day period, to discuss their experiences and daily practices with their peers, in addition to industry in terms of the latest technological innovations that make it possible to limit the risks.
Over 1,000 health professionals (47 countries represented in 2012) are expected to attend this 3rd edition of ASF : surgeons, operating theatre nurses, anesthetists, anesthetist nurses, physicians, hygienists, radiologists, rhumatologists, emergency doctors, bacteriologists, infectologists, microbiologists, pharmacists, health establishment directors, pharmaceutical companies, technology and medical product suppliers, health authorities, patient associations, etc.
Conventioneers and visitors
- Orthopedic Surgeons and other specialties
- Operating room nurses
- Physician: Anesthetists, hygienists, Radiologists, Reanimators, Rheumatologist, accident and emergency Doctor ; Bacteriologists, Infectious specialists, Microbiologist
- Hospital and clinic Manager, purchasing and technical manager
- Reeducation centers
- Architect and design office
- Equipment and design suppliers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Medical Devices suppliers
- Products and technologies suppliers
- Service providers
- Consulting and formation